James Watt Sanderson
- Born: 29 Mar 1822, Prestonpans, Mid Lothian, Scotland
- Marriage (1): Laura Selina Brain on 18 Sep 1849 in Parish Church of St Paul's, City of Bristol, England
- Died: 26 May 1906, Preston House, Pinetown, Natal, South Africa at age 84
- BuriedMale: 1906, St Andrew's Church, Pinetown, Natal, South Africa (Grave B10)
Events in his life were:
• He appeared on the census in 1851 in Hardwick Terrace, Chepstow, Monmouthshire, Wales.
• He immigrated on 28 May 1864 to Lady of the Lake (5th Voyage) to Durban, Colony of Natal.
James married Laura Selina Brain, daughter of Joseph Brain and Unknown, on 18 Sep 1849 in Parish Church of St Paul's, City of Bristol, England. (Laura Selina Brain was born circa 1813, died on 22 Sep 1876 in Pinetown, Natal, South Africa and was buried on 23 Sep 1876 in St Andrews Church, Pinetown, Natal, South Africa (Grave B10).)